Friday, December 16, 2011

Gingerbread People!

Good morning everyone!  It's a brand new day and I'm loving every minute of it so far.  This morning my husband didn't have PT so we slept in until 7 together.  We got up and had our morning coffee and breakfast before he headed out for the day.  It was nice to be able to spend the morning with him since we really don't get to do that often anymore.  I'm realizing now even more than before that this time off from school was much needed...not just to rest from school but to reconnect with my husband in a way that we can't while I'm in school being a busybody and studying and going to sleep by 9 to prepare for the next day.  Everyday this week, I've been reminded about the things that make me love him so much.  The things he does to make me smile.  I think he's noticed how little the time we spend during the school semester because he has even stopped playing his video games to sit down and watch movies with me (those who know my husband realize how sacrificial that is of him lol).

Last night we watched some TV together and then we made homemade gingerbread men.  Our friend Brian helped us out too.  It was a lot of fun.  Our first batch of gingerbread men came out very fat lol.  We improvised well though and they ended up coming out pretty cute.  Brian made one of his into a snowman and another into a soccer player.  My husband made one into a karate kid lol.  I made a candy cane girl and Mr. and Mrs. Gingerbread.  Take a look at our batch of gingerbread people.  I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday.  Everyday so far has been an adventure in finding new and old things to appreciate.  T.G.I.F!  Have a great weekend everyone.  God bless. <3

Our gingerbread people =)

Karate Kid to the left

Mr. and Mrs. Gingerbread

Candy cane girl and Baby Gingerbread

Snowman to the left

Snowman

Candy cane girl

Soccer player

Soccer player

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...