Thursday, March 8, 2012

Heather's FANTASTIC Grilled Salmon

Hey everyone!  So today my husband and I went recipe hunting.  We were in the mood for fish so I picked up a 2 lb salmon filet at Harris Teeter.  I'd just like to say that I love this grocery store.  Their meats, produce, and deli are so fresh and even though it is a little pricey the quality is worth the money.  And I still always find great deals there for example:

  • Land O Lakes all natural brown eggs - Reg. $3.49 per dozen
    • On sale BOGO free plus there was a 60 cents off sticky on each carton (did I mention HT doubles your coupons up to 98 cents if you are a VIC member!  that means $1.20 off each!)
    • So I bought two dozen eggs: $6.98 - $3.49 - $2.40 = only $1.09!!!  SCOREEE
  • Smart Balance Milk - Reg. $3.59 each
    • On sale 2/$6 plus I had coupons for $1.50
    • So I got two cartons for $3!  What a steal! =)
Haha ok ok enough of my couponing testimonies.  So we found a recipe online on allrecipes.com called Heather's Grilled Salmon.  It had a lot of great reviews so we decided to give it a try.  The great thing about this recipe is that all the ingredients are things most chef amateurs would have in their pantries (except for the salmon of course).  Here are the ingredients you'll need for the marinade:


  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder


See not so bad.  Here's a TIP: you don't actually need to buy McCormick's version or any other spice brand's version of lemon pepper.  You can make this all on your own with one whole lemon and black pepper to your own taste.  To me, it gives it a fresh and natural taste.  All you have to do now is leave the salmon in the marinade for preferably one hour and then you are ready to grill!  Now the recipe says to grill for 5 minutes on each side.

If you aren't a great griller (as am I) there are other avenues to still get a great salmon out of this recipe.  My husband and I decided to wrap each filet in foil and broil them in the oven for 10 minutes.  They came out PERFECT!  We added some steamed corn and red mashed potatoes (with sour cream and shredded cheese mixed in) to make it a meal.  Check out our meal below!  I hope you enjoyed today's blog and if you happen to try this recipe let me know!  I'd love to hear how it came out for you.

Check out the reviews  on the allrecipes.com website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...