Saturday, March 17, 2012

EST, Armory training, and new guns

So this past week I had my first refresher with M16s, M4s, and SAWs.  It's been about 5 years since I've even shot an automatic rifle so I was pretty nervous.

On Tuesday we went to Fort Bragg for EST (Engagement Skills Training).  EST is a virtual weapons simulator.  They use real M16s but they have been rigged for electronic use.  So no rounds just an empty magazine in the rifle and you lay out in front of a huge screen.  It was a bit awkward for me.  You don't zero your weapon during this exercise so I was having a hard time centering my targets through my sights and also concentrating on a screen was making my eyes twitch.  Needless to say I didn't pass but I hope I will do better when we go live to do the actual qualifying next weekend.

On Thursday, we went to Lumberton's National Guard Armory.  We practiced zeroing weapons, clearing them, taking them apart, and doing a weapons check after it's been put back together.  Nothing too bad...we do all of this (except zeroing) when we use weapons with blanks during our FTXs.

I hope to get some more shooting time in this weekend.  My husband bought us a new shotgun this past week as well.  My neighbors and I are planning to go shooting sometime this week so I figure we'll trade off on our shotgun and their M4.  Sounds like a plan to me! :)

giving the specs about the SAW

working with the rifles

having some fun too!

make sure to look hardcore lol

the newest addition to our family :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...