Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ready...set...catching up!

Hello hello hello!

It's been a busy few weeks for me.  I my parents came up the 4th of July weekend.  It was sooo nice to have them over and for them to finally see our house!  Unfortunately my kitchenette table wasn't in yet but we improvised and pulled in my patio set so everyone could sit during breakfast lunch and dinner.  I had a full house!  My parents, both my sisters, my brother-in-law, and my dad's parents.  We had so much fun during those three days.  My brother and my dad helped me put up fans in my kitchen and my two guest bedrooms and upgraded my lights in the back and front porch.  On Saturday we used our firepit for the first time with my neighbors and roasted marshmallows to make smores while admiring some fireworks of people down the road celebrating a night early. Christian and my brother went fishing Sunday and came back with two fish!  It was a very productive fun filled weekend to say the least.  Unfortunately they couldn't stay for the 4th of July Celebration on Fort Bragg but it was great to have them over even if it was for a short time.

On July 4th, my neighbors, Christian, and I set up for the Fort Bragg Celebration.  It was sooo much fun!  We watched freefall paratroopers fly down to us, they did a canon salute for all 50 states (boy was that loud!), and then the finale of a great show of fireworks...and of course funnel cakes!  I think I ate enough funnel cake to cover me few a few months lol.  It was a great way to spend my neighbor Gary's last weekend before he deployed.

I'm sooo blessed to have the friends we've made since we've moved here.  We have become like a great big family and a super strong support system.  My poor husband has all his buddies deployed right now.  I know it makes him feel a bit left out the action overseas.  But not to worry though!  One of my neighbor's husband get back sometime next month so I'm sure Chris and him will be fishing in the weekends to come lol.  I hope my husband doesn't deploy in February so that they can all be home at the same time next August.  *Crossing my fingers*

Well today is a special day for many reasons.  It's my baby sister's 19th birthday!  (Ok maybe not so much a baby anymore lol)  And my cousin from Tennessee and his wife showed up EARLY this morning!  They will be staying with us for a few days so I'll be taking them around the base and Fayetteville to show as many tourist things I can find (not many lol).  My cousin was here many many years ago when his dad was stationed here but he was just a kid back then. 

Ok well time for me to make breakfast guys!  Enjoy the pics below and remember...tomorrow is FRIDAY! Please forgive my night pictures...I have yet to figure out how to focus my camera at night lol. :)  Stay blessed ya'll.

Getting ready for the Celebration
82nd Freefall Paratrooper
Cannon Salute to the States
Fireworks!
Just the adults now. :)
Gary's last day.  We miss you Gary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...