Sunday, July 31, 2011

Planless vacation!

So my husband started block leave today and we have nooooo plans!  It is actually a weird feeling for us.  In the past block leave was a time to be cherished because that was when we would be reunited after long distances and time.  We would have every day planned months before.  But now since April we have been blessed to be living under the same roof finally! lol

I talked with a girlfriend of mine about it and she said that sometimes they take block leave to finish house projects.  I think that we might take a few days to finish the grill pad we started in our backyard.  We started it about two weeks ago and didn't even get past the leveling sand because it's been either too hot or too rainy outside.  Hopefully we get some decent weather this week.

Phase 1 of the grill pad


We also haven't seen my husband's dad and step-mom in Philly for a while now....and actually in the last 3+ years we've NEVER gone to see them together.  Chris was always either in Afghanistan or Germany or with me and when he was with me, half the time I was still working.  He went to see them before he left on deployment in 2009 and that was by himself because I had to work.  And then I went to his brother's high school graduation last summer.  So really it's been over a year since either of us have seen them.  Our visit is well overdue lol. 

I also hope that we can fit in a few trips to Myrtle Beach.  We've heard a lot of good things about the place from friends and family.  AND I just found out they have a Ben & Jerry's parlor there....TWO!!!  I absolutely loooove Ben & Jerry's ice cream.  So it would be a double treat for me if we went.  QT with the husband and QT with my sweet tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...