Monday, June 27, 2011

Displacement Issues

Sooo I'm writing to you all today as I sit in the comfort of Mama's Casita.  :)  I've been feeling a bit homesick lately and needed to feel Florida all around me again.  Of course my mom didn't argue when I suggested my coming down...I know she misses me like crazy but she tries not to tell me too much so I don't feel bad lol.

I got to see most of my family already and even a surprise visit from friends that were stationed with my parents in Texas and Germany.  They knew me as a baby.  It was great to be able to show them how much I've grown and accomplished since they last saw me when I was 5 years old lol.  Their daughter Lisa who was like a big sister to me was their too with her newly wed husband.  They just celebrated their 1st year anniversary.  Now this is a woman to admire.  She waited many years for her man of God in shining armor focusing on school and ended up with a Doctorate degree! She got just what she deserved...a handsome smart God-fearing man with a Princess dream wedding to top it off.  We watched the whole thing on video and it was just amazing.  Sometimes I wish I could have done nice big wedding all planned out with professional everything...but my wedding will still be one to remember for all the funny events that happened that resulted in a wedding planned in less than 24 hours! Granted yes, we had already planned the court wedding but no where in our minds did we plan a ceremony in Puerto Rico before our honeymoon, let alone planning it the morning we went to the Orlando courthouse! lol  Maybe for our 5 year anniversary, we will do something more elegant and planned.  =)

So about my "displacement" issues.  I'm here in Orlando and yet my heart is still back in Fort Bragg!  Chris wasn't able to come down because of work but being the wonderful husband he is....(He definitely wasn't thinking about the home-cooked meals he was going to miss out on for a week! haha!)...he encouraged me to take a week to see my family.  You know that saying..."Home is where the heart is."  Well I'm not totally sure my home is all in one place!  I miss my family when I'm away from them but I miss my husband when I'm away from him!  This trip is teaching me a small lesson in life.  Being away from loved ones isn't ever easy but learning to cope, take advantage of what's in front of yourself, and look forward to future gatherings makes everything all worth it.

I'm going to enjoy these next few days left with my family and friends with all the energy I have!  And I'm going to look forward to being back in my husband's arms Friday night!

Have a good week ya'll and God bless!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...