Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Simple Birthday for my Simple Man =)

So yesterday was my husband's birthday.  He turned 26!  I had many plans for him and was going to get him a bedside gun vault for his handgun but he insisted that he didn't want us to spend anymore money since he had gotten himself his big present a few weeks ago.  I was ok with that since his big present was a hefty purchase!

So the morning didn't really start off as planned.  My husband came home from PT and came back to bed.  I woke up late rushing to get ready for work.  I completely FORGOT to say Happy Birthday to my beloved husband!  Talk about a horrible wife lol.  I didn't realize it until I left the house on my way to work.  So I called him and apologized a million times over lol.  Then I asked him where he would like to go for dinner.  I was thinking Carrabbas since we both love that place but instead he tells me "Let's eat at Beba's Kitchen...I hear they have great food there."  Haha!  He would say something cute like that.  So instead of going out, we stayed in.  I cooked his favorite salmon recipe (you can find it here) with ranch red potatoes, and a caesar salad.  Not to mention our favorite (ok my favorite) red wine.  ;-)


As for dessert of course, birthday cake!  Two of our neighbors came by and we sang happy birthday to the birthday man and stuffed our faces.  I made a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.  Now the cake tasted AMAZING.  But my decorating on the other hand was not my best.  I'm not sure what happened today...maybe I woke up with two left hands haha but at least everyone was raving about how moist and yummy that cake was.  =)

And well, that was it!  A nice simple birthday for a very special man.



Today is a special day in our history.  68 years ago our country invaded the Normandy beaches leaving the lives of many American soldiers on those beaches.  Today let's remember the sacrifice our country did on that day.  It was a day that not only changed America the world. 

These are the words of General Dwight D. Eisenhower on that day:
"You are about to embark upon the great crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you..Good luck! And let us beseech the blessings of the almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking." June 6, 1944 D-DAY

Let us remember this day forever.  America: The home of the FREE because of the BRAVE.  Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...