Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Secondo attempt at cuisine Italiano

I am a wonderful amazing chef when it comes to cooking food of my own Puerto Rican culture.  I've even freestyled some Colombian cuisine to show off for my husband.  But when it comes to Italian food, my cooking thumb is VERY sore lol.  Last week I attempted to make Chicken Parmesan and it was a FAIL.  My pasta was great but I've made spaghetti a million times over so that was the easy part.  But I thought I could just grab some fancy spaghetti sauce, bread some chicken and throw some mozzarella cheese on top, bake it and BAM...chicken parmesan right?  Well no no no....first off my chicken came out dry because i baked it separately from the sauce.  (Trying to feel my inner Italian chef here lol)  My sauce was too acidic because I decided to add a whole can of tomato sauce to make it more tomatoey?  Yeah I know some of you are snickering by now lol.  I didn't even bother to add any extra seasoning (Dunno what was going through my mind really).  Needless to say...that story ended with the trash can and we ate KFC instead lol.  Next time I will look up a recipe to follow before venturing out that far!  If anyone has a quick and easy recipe for Chicken Parmesan please send it my way!  Thanks!  =)

Ok so tonight I will make another attempt at an Italian-like dish.  Tonight I will be making Parmesan Tilapia with a homemade alfredo sauce (I'm using a recipe for this!) on top of pasta.  I got my alfredo sauce recipe from cooks.com.  Here's a link to the recipe I'm using in case you want to try it out.  It a simple and easy recipe and you don't need a ton of ingredients to make it.  I'm using heavy whipping cream instead of half and half and I'm trying out the Philadelphia Italian cheese and herbs Cooking cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese.  Wish me luck!  I will post pics of the dish after I'm done. =)


UPDATE

My dinner for tonight came out amazing!  The hubby was extremely satisfied lol.  We enjoyed our meal with a chilled bottle of Moscato D'Asti.  Moscato goes great with seafoods and light sauces so it was a perfect match. D'Asti is the area of where these grapes come from which is in Italy.  You will not get a better Moscato then the Moscato from Italy especially from this well known place called D'Asti.  I highly recommend!  Its a light and sweet sparkling wine.  The brand we drank is called Cupcake.  They have several other wines red and white as well.  A good brand to drink.  Enjoy this pics!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...