Monday, February 21, 2011

Dreams/Horrors of House Hunting

So house hunting has been more stressful than I thought it would be.  Soooo many choices....pre-owned...new...two-story...one-story...garden tub...stand-up shower....privacy fences...decks......ahhhhhhh!!!

I thought I had almost found "The One".  It has the whole works...3 bed/2.5 bath...laminate wood floors, spindle staircase, formal living/dining rooms, huge family room, kitchen with cherry wood cabinets, all black appliance...AND two car garage, privacy fence, and deck in the back. Well my dream home shattered today when I found out that it's been turned over as a foreclosure...which for all you other first-time home buyers means: No 1-year warranty, pay your own closing costs, pay your own house inspection, and pretty much you buy the house as is.  And even if I was okay with all the extra costs it could take MONTHS to close and move in.  *Triple sad face*


Well I guess it wasn't meant to be.  Now I'm looking at another home now that I like and is at an amazing price.  It doesn't have as many upgrades as the first one I was looking at but it's still very nice and plenty of space.  3 bed/2.5 bath...it's a brand new house so I will be the first one to live in it which is nice and all the appliances will be brand new.  I really like the floor plan of this house too.  I hope I will fall in love with it once I see it in person. Cyber house hunting just really doesn't cut it.  Okay...well maybe it did for the first home I was looking at but that one just proved to be too good to be true.  It's okay though.  I'm confident that "The One" will find me soon!  Because we all know that we don't find the house...the house finds us!  Right???  lol *all smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...