Thursday, January 3, 2013

Goodbye 2012 Hello 2013

So 2012 is behind us now and here I am anxious yet nervous for the start of this new year.

2012 had started off badly for me.  The change I sought for in the beginning of last year really wasn't the change I needed in my life but I'm glad I was able to open up my eyes in time to make a turn for the best.  I did end up improving several things though and I'm proud of myself for it.

My marriage has blossomed into something amazing in the last six months and continues to grow healthy and strong.  My military career is evolving everyday.  I received two scholarships last year to help me pay for school.  I am a part of an amazing sisterhood.  My puppies Maya and Hailey celebrated their first birthday and my big puppy celebrated her fifth birthday.  I can't believe how time has flown with them.  




They have been some bad things in 2012 also.  One of my aunts is causing great separation in our family and her two young children suffer from her promiscuous lifestyle.  My family members try to help but she is ungrateful and too prideful to admit she needs help.  It's sad.  My mother's Fibromyalgia condition is getting worse and my little 12 year old cousin has been diagnosed with lupus and is undergoing chemotherapy to treat her symptoms.  

These are some things that have made my heart heavy this past year but I am optimistic for the future.  My older sister will be getting married this year.  My younger sister is going to be 21!  And my parents are still my entire world. Family is the best gift of the year every year and I'm happy to be earning another brother.  =)

  

For 2013, I do have some resolutions I'd like to accomplish but I also have a prayer list too.

Resolutions:
- Keep striving for A's in school
- Score a 300 on the APFT
- Budget my money
- Kick butt at LDAC
- Find a way to surprise my husband somehow

My prayer list:
- Pray that my mom and cousin are healed
- Pray for my aunt to gain focus of her children and not herself

Do you have a prayer list?

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...