Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Rainbow Tie-Dyed Cupcakes!

So back in April I had a little obsession with rainbows.  Last week I was in my rainbow mood.  (Always makes me happy lol)  So I decided to make rainbow cupcakes.  I had seen a video of someone making them and it inspired me to do them myself.



It was super simple.  Especially for many who like to take the easy way for baking and use boxed cake mix.  Here's what you'll need:


1 box of white cake mix (plus ingredients in back)
mixing bowl
six plastic cups
six forks
food coloring (original and neon colors)
muffin pan
muffin liners

Once you mix the cake mix as directed on the box, pour the batter evenly into the six plastic cups.  Then mix your colors appropriately (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple).  After that pour about a teaspoon of each color in each hole in your muffin pan (with liners).  Bake for about 22 minutes.

You might be having trouble getting your red cake mix to be a vibrant red.  If you want to do a little twist on your cupcakes, you can use red velvet cake mix like I did.  You get a beautiful red plus a twist of chocolate on the bottom of each cupcake!

I just love the way they came out too.  I didn't even put frosting because of how cute they looked. They have a beautiful tie-dyed look on the top and side views.



But when you slice them in half…you have a perfect little rainbow.  Enjoy and happy baking to everyone!  =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...