Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Parents Vist: Airborne and Special Ops Museum

Wow that was super quick!  Principles of Biology in just 10 days time.  I've never had to absorb so much information in such a short amount of time!  But it paid off in the end.  I ended up with a 97 in the class.  Yay me!  And tomorrow, I start Music Appreciation.......blahhhhh.  I mean don't get me wrong, I love music, but I just took a look a some of the notes for the class and boy is it dry material!  "What is an octave?  A tone?  A pitch?  An interval?"  Yep, I'm glad I'm taking this during the summer too.  Enduring the pain for a shorter amount of time.  =)

Anywho....this past weekend my parents came up to visit and let me tell you...I was overly excited to see them.  The last time we saw them was during Thanksgiving.   I missed them so much.  And they surprised us with my mom's parents tagging along too.  That was awesome because my grandparents on my mom's side had yet to see our house.  They loved it.  We had such a great time while they were here.  I took them to the Airborne and Special Ops Museum in Fayetteville and they had an amazing time there.  I also took them to UNCP so they could see the university I'm going to now.  As we were driving around the school my Dad asks me "You never thought you'd be going to college in North Carolina did you?"  I had to laugh...there were a lot of things I could think of that I thought I'd never get to do.  =)  I also got to take them to my favorite BBQ place in Pembroke called Papa Bills.  They have some of the best ribs ever and thats's exactly what we had.  It was so funny to hear my grandmother try and communicate with the waitress.  You see in Pembroke, there is a huge community of Lumbee Indians and they have a very strong thick southern accent.  And well my grandmother straight front the island has a very strong Puerto Rican accent.  So there was a language barrier haha.  I had to translate for both of them.  It was funny because I've grown so accustom to this place and the way people talk and act that it wasn't until that moment that I saw how different things are from Orlando.  I guess I just adapt well and quickly to new places.  =)

My parents left on Sunday morning back to Orlando.  I was pretty sad but my husband took me out that night to cheer me up.  We went to Hope Mills and ate frozen yogurt at TuttiMelon and then went to the move theater to watch Avengers.  It was an awesome movie.  I've actually been craving to see it again!  After the movie we stopped for some wings so I didn't have to cook and then spent some time with the pups when we got home.  It was a good way to help me not feel so sad about my family leaving.  Overall, I can say had a perfect weekend.  Thanks for listening guys and enjoy the pics! =)



Nick Rowe was a POW in the Vietnam War for 5 years...he contributed a lot to the military's SERE school

Mom and Dad sitting where paratroopers sit before a jump

Abuela too!


Sky Soldiers were everywhere in the museum :P







My lovely parents

Daddy's girl =)

Dad having a flashback =)

Mom and Abuela










Dad says I'm a trader for switching lol


Dad representing his branch of service proudly!

The husband ready to devour the pastelon my mom made :P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...