Sunday, April 29, 2012

Campbell Battalion Military Ball 2012

So I had my military ball was yesterday.  I had a good time.  The All American Chorus performed for us and they did an amazing job.  They performed a neat demonstration of an airborne jump.  They also performed some great patriotic songs by Toby Keith including "American Soldier" and "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue" as well as "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood.  The only thing that was missing was my husband but it was for the better.  He had a ton of work to do with his team and some of the guests in attendance at the ball put a bad taste in his mouth so we decided it would be best if I go alone this time.  He did comment on how beautiful I looked though before I headed out to my ball.  Hopefully next year this time, he won't be deployed or anything so he can join me.  =)

Anywho, I got a scholarship award of $850 while I was there.  I felt pretty darn proud of myself.  I was one out of six people I think that got the award from our Battalion of 200+ cadets.  Another cadet from UNCP got the same award too.  It was nice to be able to represent UNCP at the ball like that.  Another funny thing about the ball was that purple was the color of the night when it came to the ladies dresses.  Now I wasn't particular on the color of my dress when I picked it out.  It was just the one I liked best on me.  I was also shopping last minute so I only went to one store.  I picked up my dress at Ross for $40 and my shoes at Shoe Show for $10.  Talk about a deal!  My hair cut and style was $40.  My neighbor did my makeup and I painted my own nails so my expenses came out to less than $100 and I did everything within three days of the ball.  I call that skill lol.

Here are some pics of the night.  Enjoy!






All American Chorus

Here are some videos of the All American Chorus.  I was able to find one that shows part of the airborne demonstration and also one of the chorus singing "God Bless the USA".  I know its not the same as seeing them in person but even the videos give me goosebumps.  I love seeing our soldiers singing songs like these.  Just shows how talented our Americas soldiers are...that they would make time out of their regular MOS jobs to be apart of a chorus like this.  God Bless the USA =)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...